.

Saturday 23 February 2013

Sixth Sense in Stock Investing?


Do sixth sense exist in investing? What do I mean sixth sense?Without checking the technical analysis and fundamental analysis, using our own feeling to buy XYZ stocks.

I am sure everyone does it before, without looking the TA and Fa in detailed, just take take 5 year graph and check some latest new...then bang! :D

To be honest I did it long times ago. The last Global financial crisis hit almost every country to some degree of extend.I picked one hypermarket business, simply shoot it. :D. The FA was terrible,the price keep dropping everyday. I check some news regarding the company, knowing that the major shareholder do M&A at the unreasonable price, causing the existing shareholder burn their wealth at least 40%.

The main confidence I got to blindly buy this stock because myself are a frequent shopper there.I know their restructure of business will improving for the next three years.It turns out a profit for me. What a good sixth sense.

How about my bad sixth sense?The insurance company that I used to hardly understand its financial statement. The blue chips drops 50% from its peak. This time I thought I was lucky enough, believe my sixth sense again, I decide to buy then do research before too late too anticipate this bargain. How does it turn out? The stock still stuck in the same price it used to be the time I bought it!After I investigate the reason behind, it is almost hopeless to hope for rebound in the short period of time.What a bad guess..

So Sixth sense reliable?No...but it was fun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment